This is an example of writing after the cross country this term. This student was one of the target writers in the Te Whare Rama programme and completed this writing independently and without needing encouragement to keep working. Connections were made with prior learning to write this as we have been working on a moment in time writing. The learning environement was managed so that all students see theselves as writers and all students willingky participate in writing activities. The teacher sees all studens as writers and input is given as needed based on each student being a writer.
The model has been included as an example of a strategy to promote success as the students know what is expected of them and have a guide to work to. The remember to's were displayed from previous writing we had completed within a moment in time.
The SENSES
I feel
- I feel the fuzzy grass brushing my legs while I was sprinting as fast as I can.
- I feel the slippery slimy water mix while I was speeding down the water slide.
I smell
- I smell the citrus detergent when I slid down the waterslide.
- I smell the strong grassy smell coming from the hay bales which smelt like I was in a farm.
I taste
- I can taste my dry saliva jumping around in my mouth begging for water.
- I taste small portions of mud fling up in my open mouth.
I hear
- I hear screaming from the audience while I cross the finish line.
- I hear batches of wind echoing from around the hall while I climb awhwardly on the hay bales.
I see
- I see cones scattered around the place telling me where to go.
- I see stray twists of hay from theyellow hay bales waving in the distance.
I wonder
- I wonder who made cross country.
- I wonder if the next year year 6 track is the same is this year.
Monday 4th September
This is written in the past tense. It is a memory of what the cross country run was like. Each sentence starts with a verb. A verb is an action word. Every verb has the ing suffix.
there are 4 linked sentences. The sentences focus on the senses. The first sentence says what happened and the second sentence adds detail.
I remember,
Dragging my feet through the thick brown mud
Curling my toes as I felt the sticky cold oozing through them
Gasping for breath as I tried to keep running up the hill a second time
Forcing my legs to keep moving me forward
Shivering as slimy soap bubbles slid down my legs
Rolling sideways off the water slide that was turning the grass to slush
Licking sweat that was slowly melting from my forehead
Tasting the salty and hot liquid on my lips
That was my cross country run.
I remember,
Listening carelessly to the yelling from the younger kids wishing they would be quiet
Blasting noises rapidly and repeatedly in my ears
Splashing viciously into the soggy mud
Feeling the mud giving way beneath me at every step
Ascending painfully up the stacked hay bales
Walking up them slowly one by one
Charging fast through the cones at the finish line
Sprinting quickly with Suhyeok throughout the race
That was my cross country run. 😛 😛 😛
No comments:
Post a Comment